Our minister works closely with our care ministries because she believes that ministry is something we do together. Along with them she also provides pastoral care to the congregation.
Q: How can I get pastoral care or counseling from our minister?
A: Contact her at the church office to request an appointment.
Q: What kinds of concerns can I bring to the minister?
A: You may call the minister for any reason, but you are especially encouraged to call upon her when you need spiritual support. You might consider calling when:
• you or someone you care about is very sick or in the hospital.
• someone you care about has died.
• you would like to discuss your own mortality.
• you are planning a wedding or commitment ceremony.
• you are planning to separate or divorce.
• you would like a ceremony of dedication for your child.
• you are pregnant, but wish you weren’t or are trying to become pregnant, but cannot.
• you or someone you care about is in legal trouble or has been arrested.
• you or someone you care about is struggling with abuse or addiction or mental illness.
• you have lost hope or faith in yourself, another, or life itself.
• you need a referral to a professional counselor.
• you would like to be visited in your home.