Programming for Families with Children/Youth ages pre-school through 12th grade
For any of the opportunities listed below:
Contact: Colleen Thoele – Director of Religious Education [email protected]
- Religious Education (RE) for Children/Youth
- Pre-K through middle school will gather after worship at 11:30! Everyone will enter the same zoom room and then will be separated into 3 classes – Pre-K- 1st grade, 2-5th grade and 6-8th grade.
- Youth in high school grades 9-12 will meet at noon after Sunday worship. Youth group will have their own Zoom link.
- Soul Matters curriculum is used for all classes. The Soul Matters Sharing Circle is a network of Unitarian Universalist congregations who follow the same monthly themes so we can more easily share worship, sermon, music and children’s religious education resources. We are a web of support and connection. Companions traveling a new journey together each month. This year the Soul Matters team has worked tirelessly to translate the monthly curriculum to the virtual classroom! To register your child for religious education, simply follow this link and fill out the form. https://forms.gle/fdBx7cUmoBKY8zKH6
- Parent and Caregivers Meeting
- Third Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM
- Need to talk with other parents and caregivers about what’s going on? This Zoom meeting is for you!
- Bedtime Storytime with Miss Michelle
- First Tuesday of each month at 7:30 PM
- This story time is for our youngest kiddos ( and ANYONE who loves a good storytime). This is a chance for your littles to see Miss Michelle and enjoy some time together. Oh and come in your PJs!
- Soulful Home
- Third Tuesday of each month beginning in October (10/20)
- More details about what that will look like is coming soon! Please keep an eye on our weekly email news for what to expect!
- Children/youth choir
- New participants are always welcome, please reach out if your kiddo would like to give it a try.
- RE Facebook Group
- UU Church of Kent families have a private Facebook group for posting info, news and to connect with each other.
- Just for FUN!