Adult Religious Exploration (RE) offers opportunities for personal spiritual reflection and growth that fall outside of our weekly Sunday services.
These opportunities include, (but are not limited to):
- Classes and discussion groups
- Chalice Groups and Food for Thought Groups, which combine social activities with spiritual exploration
- Informational offerings, which are often done in tandem with other church groups
- Chances to meet with people of other faiths and build bridges of understanding and acceptance
- Occasional guest speakers
- Media centered events and series including Spiritual Cinema
- Historical series, which delve into our Unitarian Universalist history and theology
Adult RE usually takes place during Sunday services or on weeknights. In the past, we have explored many themes such as
- Spiritual practices including writing, meditation, prayer, tai chi, yoga, singing, chanting, gardening, creating art, making music, reading and more
- Unitarian Universalist history, theology and ethics
- Social justice issues and concerns
- Environmental issues and concerns
- Personal beliefs
The committee is always looking for new members and friends. You do not need to be a member of the church to join the committee; everyone is welcome to attend our meetings. Neither do you need to be a member of the committee to present a proposal for Adult Religious Exploration. To present an idea to the committee for consideration, please fill out the Adult RE Proposal Form and e-mail to the church. Your proposal will be shared with all members of the committee.
If you are interested in joining the committee, you will find a friendly and supportive atmosphere. Our work consists of:
- Analyzing recent offerings and applying lessons learned from them.
- Discussing ideas generated from within the committee, and applying them.
- Considering presentations of ideas generated from outside the committee.
- Assisting potential leaders in the implementation of their ideas.
Our work is light and joyful and we would be happy to have you join us. For more information, please speak to any current member of the committee or simply come to one of our meetings when you see them advertised. We’ll be glad to welcome you!
More information about the current Adult Religious Exploration opportunities can be viewed or saved here:
Download – Adult-RE-Opportunities (Right-click the link and choose “Save Link As…” to save the document to your computer)