Each year, by collaboratively brainstorming, the Board of Trustees writes a series of goals to help us as a congregation focus our energy and advance the church’s mission and vision. These goals have replaced previous Strategic Plans, to enable us to be more flexible in this fast-changing world. Our Goals are broad in scope, and that is intentional. Determining how the Goals will be implemented and carried out will be the work (and joy!) of each of us as we find ways to become involved and participate through worship, committees, youth & education, service, programs, financial support and care of one another.
As we move through the church year, we welcome you to consider creative ways to share YOUR UUCK Goals in action with the congregation!
UUCK Congregational Goals 2021- 2022
Based on our mission statement to inspire love, seek justice, and grow in community.
Goal 1: Enhance our sense of community and connection to each other and to all life.
- Deepen and expand our culture of welcoming and radical hospitality, including concerns for safety and understanding each others’ needs
- Offer a variety of opportunities for spiritual growth
- Make space for diversity through intentional practices of inclusivity (racial, demographic, ideological, political, religious, worship, etc.)
Goal 2: Transform our world by doing the work of social justice.
- Encourage increased communication, education, and participation in social justice work, including social and environmental challenges, inequality, oppression, the democratic process, and movements for change
- Help people discover and live their passion for social justice
- Continue to create opportunities for intergenerational social justice work
- Develop external connections and relationships (including interfaith and other social justice networks)
Goal 3: Nurture the life and work of our congregation so that our community continues to thrive.
- Create a culture of open and frequent communication in the life and work of the church
- Promote a culture of shared leadership by identifying, encouraging, nurturing, and developing leaders, including youth and adults.
- Invite, welcome, engage and retain members and friends
- Generate excitement and energy and invite participation on our church campus
- Live into the use of Hobbs Hall, and care for and honor our entire campus.
- Create opportunities for all ages to participate in congregational life and work
- Continue to develop RE opportunities
- Offer diverse RE programming for adults
- Develop family ministry (comprehensive education for all ages)
- Sustain enthusiasm and support of quality RE programs for children and youth
- Become more visible in the wider community
- Continue to work toward greater financial stability
Download the Current Congregational Goals