The annual service auction is changing!
In 2023, we will split up our traditional auction of goods and services into two events.
On Saturday, May 6th, we will open the doors to Hobbs Hall at 5:30pm to the Welcome Home auction event. The night will begin with a home cooked buffet of delicious comfort foods at 6pm. At 7pm, the live auction will start in person and via zoom (https://zoom.us/j/95278814418). The live auction will feature a sale of events, services, and a small curated selection of one of a kind items. Physical items may be taken home that night or picked up after service on Sunday May 7th between 11am and noon.
On Sunday, November 12 at noon, bidding will begin for the silent auction all through the website at www.togetherauction.com/kentuu. On Sunday, November 19, all will be welcome to see the items in person before and after service in Hobbs Hall. Bidding will close at noon. Payment and pickup of items will be held from noon-2pm.
The Auction Website
The Auction website at www.togetherauction.com/kentuu is your go to place for most everything auction-related. Through the website, you can:
- see the latest news on the auction homepage
- log into the website
- update your account information
- donate an item/event/service to be auctioned
- reserve your ticket for attending the Live Auction in person
- preview items that will be up for auction
- view your statement
- bid on silent auction items
- purchase fixed price items/events
- volunteer to help
- see who purchased your event/item/service
Note: The one big thing the auction website can’t do is take payments. CLICK HERE to learn how.
Login to the Website
- Click on www.togetherauction.com/kentuu and click on Login in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter your phone number and 4 digit pin and click Login.
- If you are a first time user, please put in your phone number, click Login.
- The following screen will have a “I’m New-Create an account” link at the bottom — follow the prompts to complete your account.
- In order to bid on items, you will need to obtain a bidder number by emailing [email protected].
Update Your Account Information
- Login to the website at www.togetherauction.com/kentuu and click on My Statement.
- Find the Edit Profile button which will allow you to update anything necessary.
- Please make sure your contact information is right so you get important reminders about bidding and winnings.
Donate an Item to be Auctioned
- The live auction this year will feature events, services and a small curated selection of one of a kind items.
- Donations for the live auction will be accepted April 2nd through April 30, 2023.
- Donations for the silent auction in November will be accepted in October.
- Be Creative! Donations in the past have included nights at a vacation home, yard work help, a mushroom hunt, flower arrangement deliveries, so many delicious pies and baked goods, an Iron Chef Dinner party, and many more.
- Catalogs of prior years are always available on the auction website as well.
- If you have any questions including which auction your donation should appear, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected].
- To submit your donation, login to the auction website at www.togetherauction.com/kentuu.
- Click on the Donate button at the top of the page in the middle. You will be taken to your statement where a donate button will appear to take you to the donation form.
- If you are offering an event/item/service that you have donated before in a prior auction, click on the Other years option to find the year and item, then select Offer Again to add it to this year’s catalog, along with any updates or changes you want to make.
- Listings can be edited at any time, but please make sure you have everything complete by the end of the donation window when we begin to finalize the catalog.
Reserve your Ticket for Attending the Live Auction in Person
- Tickets are needed to attend the dinner and live auction in person on May 6th, 2023.
- Tickets are not required for those attending virtually at https://zoom.us/j/95278814418.
- Tickets are $25 for an individual or $50 for a couple (who share a bidder number and receive 1 statement).
- To reserve your ticket, log in at www.togetherauction.com/kentuu.
- Click on Catalog grid where you will see tickets available.
- Members of the auction committee will also be available to help with ticket reservations during social hour after Sunday Services in Hobbs Hall starting April 2, 2023.
Preview Items that will be Up for Auction
- Go to www.togetherauction.com/kentuu and click on catalog grid to see the items available for auction/purchase.
- Please note that until the catalog is finalized a few days before each auction starts, items in the catalog may be edited, removed, or added.
View Your Statement
- Statements show items donated and items purchased for each auction event.
- At the conclusion of the live auction event on the evening of May 6th, your statement will be ready for review.
- At the conclusion of the silent auction at noon on Sunday, November 19th, the winning bidders of each donation will be calculated and the items will then appear on their new statements.
- To view your statement, return to www.togetherauction.com/kentuu, login to your account, and click on My Statement.
Bid on Silent Auction Items
- Starting November 12, 2023 at noon, the silent auction will begin.
- Login to the auction website at www.togetherauction.com/kentuu and click on catalog grid.
- A Place Bid button will appear at the bottom of each listing.
- Follow the prompts to submit your bid.
- If you are outbid, an email alert will be sent to you. You can then return to the website and place another bid.
- Silent Auction bidding will close on November 19 at noon.
Purchase Fixed-price Items/Events
- Some items and events at each auction will be available at a set price (usually under $20).
- Rather than placing a bid, you are purchasing them outright and they will automatically appear on your statement.
- Examples of past items/events include hand-knit hats, small art prints, Board Game night, Bike and Train excursion, and craft workshops.
- Follow the same process as bidding on silent auction items, but quantities are limited so get them while they last.
Volunteer to Help
- Many volunteers are needed to make these events successful. CLICK HERE to sign up.
- Volunteer sign-up website: www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0549A8A62CA1FC1-2023
- A volunteer link will be available on the homepage for short, one time needs. Come be a part of this exciting events.
See Who Purchased Your Event/Item/Service
- At the conclusion of each auction, login to the website at www.togetherauction.com/kentuu and view your statement.
- Donations which have been purchased will now show who bought each item, how much it sold for, and the contact info for winner(s).
- You can also send an email to the purchaser(s) of your items from there.
After each auction is over, your final statement will be available at www.togetherauction.com/kentuu. Payments can be made in the following ways:
- Pay in person at Hobbs Hall
- Live auction – May 6th at the end of the live auction event or May 7th from 11am to noon.
- Silent Auction – November 19th from noon to 2pm
- Text “Give” to 330-835-5028
- The church website at https://kentuu.org/giving/donate/
- Mail a check to the church with Auction in the memo line
Any questions or need any help? Please contact Trudy Diehl, auction chair at 330-389-0132 or at [email protected].