Click to Download the Flyer (Right-click the link and choose “Save Link As…” to save the document to your computer)
Documents Needed to Apply for a Marriage License in Ohio:
- ID Requirement: Government issued ID such as drivers license, visa, passport, state ID. You need to know your social security numbers.
- Residency Requirement: Do not have to be a resident of Ohio. You must apply in the county in which you want to get married.
- If previously married: Bring certified copy of divorce decree or a copy of deceased spouse’s death certificate.
- Application Requirement: Both parties to a marriage should appear in person to obtain the license.
- Waiting Period: No waiting period.
- Blood Tests: No tests.
- Under 21: If you are 18 to 21 years of age, you will need to show your birth certificate.